As promised, here is the recipe for our Hinu bread that we cooked in class.
• 3 1/2 c self raising flour
• 1/2 tsp salt
• cold water to mix
• good quality oil for frying
• In a large bowl measure the flour, then add salt...gradually add enough cold water to make a soft dough, mix through with a wooden spoon, but try not to over mix, as this can make them stiff and flat...
• turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and push or roll dough out to 1 1/2 cm thickness..
• cut into the desired size, then place each piece into the preheated hot oil and fry till golden on both sides and twice the size...
Serve with butter and golden syrup